Careerists respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- Data We Collect About You
Our goals in collecting personal data are to provide you with the product and services made available through the Site, including – but not limited to – the service and products, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered user account, if you have one with Careerists. It’s important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us at Careerists.
The data we collect and process about you is explained in the sections below.
1.1 Data You Give Us
We collect personal data about you when you first register with Careerists (or) sign up for our mailing list, when you use our services, buy our products and when you communicate with us.
- Your full name, email address, phone number and career details.
- Other information you add to your account profile
- Information about your business and any other information submitted by you or your organizational representatives (via phone, email, online forms, surveys, in-person meetings, etc.)
- When making purchases through the Services, your purchase history, bank or credit card information, billing address and any other information necessary to complete the financial transaction (although financial information from users who subscribe to our paid plans is transmitted directly to our secure payment gateway and is not stored by us)
- User-generated content, such as messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images and feeds, or any other content or files you publish via our Services
- Information we receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning our Services
We process this data based on our contractual obligations to you and our legitimate interests in doing so.
1.2 Data We Automatically Collect
Each time you visit or use our Site or Applications, we automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, location, network data, browser plug-in types and versions, languages, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
We use this information as statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, for system administration, and to evaluate, provide, protect or improve our Services (including by developing new products and services). Because we collect, use and share this information in the aggregate, it does not identify any individual.
1.3 Data We Receive From Third Parties
- We receive data about you from the following third parties for the following reasons.
- We us PayPal to collect and process your payment information.
For more information on how these companies handle your personal data, please refer to their privacy policies (links at the end of this document). We process this data based on our contractual obligations to you and our legitimate interests in doing so.
- How We Use Your Data
We will never sell, share, or rent your personal information, such as your email address or other PII to any third party; or use your email address for unsolicited mail of any kind. Any emails sent by Careerists will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products within Careerists. We use your data to carry out our Site and Services in the following ways:
- To provide customer support by analysing your activity on our site.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To respond to communications from you and to provide you with information about our Services.
- To process payments.
We also use your data to make our Site and Services better in the following ways:
- To improve product functionality, by analysing low-performance within the products.
- To administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure, e.g. by conducting analysis required to detect malicious data and understand how this may affect your IT system.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or Services.
We may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you withinformation about our products and services, including but not limited to our the services Careerists provides. We will not send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under applicable data protection laws. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry by you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have expressly consented to this. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please update your preferences, or notify us by email.
- How We Secure Your Data
All of your personal information is protected and we have put in place appropriate electronic means, and management procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect. Your information is stored on secure cloud databases, internal servers and third party servers.
Your information is only accessible by employees who have authorised access rights to such information. All of your payment information is encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and the security features described above to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- How Long We Store Your Data
We only keep your personal information for as long as it’s necessary for our original legitimate purpose for collecting the information and for as long as we have your permission to keep it. We will delete your personal information when you delete your account, or when asked to be removed. Or when you unsubscribe or opt out of our email services your details are removed by the end of that month; or the last Friday of each month.
In this policy any reference when using we, us and our is a direct reference to Careerists
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website. Please read the terms in full before you use this website. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website. Using the website implies to us that you accept these terms and conditions. We update these terms regularly so please refer back to them in the future.
- SITE ACCESS
- 1 You will be able to access the majority of this website without having to register any details with us. Until you want to purchase a product or service from Careerists.
- USE OF WEBSITE
- 1 You are not permitted to use our website for your own purposes to print and download material from this website unless you purchase a product from Careerists. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
- 2 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
- SITE LIVE TIME
- 1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that Careerists Site is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues such as mainitance. Therefore we will not be liable if Careerists is unavailable at any time.
- 2 Careerists Site may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so at all times.
- VISITOR CONDUCT
- 2 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this website any material:
- (a) for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
- (b) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in Australia;
- (c) which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
- 3 [We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 4.2.]
- LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- 1 Any links to third party websites located on this website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. We do not endorse the third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this website, it is at your own risk.
- 2 If you would like to link to this website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this website, and subject to the following conditions:
- (a) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us;
- (b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us;
- (c) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- (d) your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in Australia.
- 3 If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 5.2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
- 1 Here at Careerists, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this website. We may make changes to the material on this website at any time and without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, or on rare occasions incorrect and we make no commitment to ensure that such material is correct or up to date.
- 2 The material at this website is provided without any conditions or warranties of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide access and use of this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions which but for these Terms may have effect in relation to this website.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- 1 Neither Careerists nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this website), shall be liability or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or products and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with this website.
- PAYMENTS HELD BY CAREERISTS
- 1 The Client agrees that all credit/payment amounts are non refundable after immediate purchase.
- 2 Careerist can offer payment plans; but only on certain services and after being discussed with Careerists.
12.3 The Client agrees to pay for any collection fees or charges; if not paid services will not be provided until payment is made; in full or through payment plan set up by Careerists.
9. DELIVERY OF PRODUCT
- 1 All reasonable effort is made by Careerists to deliver your order to you. All orders are confirmed by Careerists at time of placement. Careerists will not take any liability listed in the following points:
- 2 Careerists takes no responsibility for orders that have been denied, lost or incorrectly made.
- 3 Any disputes outside of point 13-13.2 are to be sent via email to email@example.com with a detailed description of dispute.
10. OUR DETAILS
- Contacting Us: If there are any questions regarding these terms and conditions you may contact us using the information below.
Suite 111b, 432 St Kilda road
Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
t: +61 3 7018 2476
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of information that get stored temporarily on your computer, or any other internet enabled device, when you visit a website. Cookies will usually contain the name of the website that you visit, and also the lifetime of the cookie. Meaning how long will it remain stored on your device.
How are cookies used on this website?
Like many companies, we use technology on our website to collect information that helps us enhance your experience and our products and services. The cookies that we use at Careerists allow our website to work and help us to understand what information and advertising is most useful to visitors.
How can you control cookies?
There are many ways to manage your cookies:
- You can refuse your consent when first on the Careerists page
- You can disable Careerists or third-party cookies by use of your browser settings; or
- You can use our cookie management tool to disable Careerists or third-party cookies.